I have a small book problem. Ok, I lied. It is a HUGE book problem. It has many facets, too. So many, in fact, that they need a list:
- I want to read just about everything!
- I have serious vampire and zombie issues. I have to read them all!
- I check out WAY too many books at the library. It is like how people must feel when they walk past a pet store. I just can’t leave them there, they need a good home!
- I keep buying more books. I can’t help it. Sometimes the wait lists at the library are so long and I want it now (Veruca Salt, anyone!?).
- I say I’m going to read this or than next, but then something just jumps out at me and I pick it up. Then that’s it…I’m reading it.
- Being ADHD (really, like clinically, not like in the kidding kind of way) does not help this issue. I am currently listening to something in the car, have a book on my desk at work, have a book upstairs, and a book downstairs. I’m getting an iPad this weekend (YAY!) and I just know I’ll put a few books on that!
So, what’s the bottom line here? Why the rant?
I need to fess up:
I went to order one book today and got three (Oops, sorry Schmoopy! Didn’t mean to!). It is just so easy to click, add to cart, and check out! Darn internet!
I am trying to return some library books, but they look at me all cute and book-like, with their shiny covers and cute spines…I just can’t decide which ones to return without reading first. I know that I can check them out again, put them on a special list, whatever, but (go ahead and laugh) I don’t want them to feel bad. UGH!
Whew, I feel better now. I probably won’t change, but isn’t the first step in solving a problem admitting you have one?!
Did I mention that I love books? Well, I do!